I’ve spent most of my knitting time this week working on a cotton shrug using Henry’s Attic Inca Cotton. I’m using the Unshaped Shrug pattern. It’s just scrumptious.
The shrug has worked up VERY quickly. It went without a snafu til this evening. After seaming the armholes, you’re supposed to pick up stitches and knit a border on both sides of the shrug.
I thought I’d be lazy and just pick up stitches in the round. So I did. Knit a few rows, bound off in the regular fashion. At this point, I tried to put the shrug on again….no fit. While it had fit perfectly before the “in the round” edging, the in the round edging brought it all in. No fit.
I don’t quite have the heart to rip it out tonight. I’m hoping to get it fixed and the shrug finished Friday night. I’d also like to get the backing on Janna’s blanket tomorrow night. Ambitious, I know, but I want to go buy a rigid heddle loom on Saturday, and I want as much deadline knitting finished as possible before I go do that!